Eman Abdulmohsen

Summer

It’s shiny 

…..for some reason

The sky is blue

…….but the summer sun is dark 

just as my hope; believing the unbelievable, 

…………….faking rays of shine just as 

……..dissonant notes forced into an orchestra…

…………………..How do I shower

………………….. from darkness dipping my soul? 

……….How do I see

………………the light within me, when my eyes can’t see? 

…………………Mirrors don’t  reflect nor picture 

…………………………………scenes are unseen… 

…………………………………..featureless.. 

…………………Yet, I 

………………………….appear at midnight 

……………..hunting 

…………………for my remains under the moon, 

………………………….seeing clear until

……………………I’m -once again- blinded by 

……………………………..doubts, memories, and illusions.. 

………………..Fire in my gut decides the next 

……………………………………victimless hunt to 

………………………………………..find what belongs to me… 

…………………………Light goes faint and shadows distort their features.. 

………………….shattered, shapeless pieces of the puzzle spread in a mess… 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coco

Mehtab Mowgli

Lawrence R. Berger